Technology - Detroit (HQ)
Software Engineers design, code, test, document, and support the HelloWorld technologies that drive our business. Our developers are responsible for owning and delivering on all aspects of our technology projects. Exceptional critical analysis skills, a talent for understanding big picture concepts, and ability to work independently.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Develop consumer marketing and brand engagement applications for web browsers and mobile devices that are fun and easy to use, robust under high traffic and resistant to fraud.
- Prototype and rapidly explore new concepts.
- Maintain production applications and provide second level support to delivery, engineering and hosting teams.
- Develop and maintain internal applications supporting Fulfillment, Sales, Legal, and other business functions.
- Work on small teams in an open environment using distributed version control, individually supported programming tools, and a central integration build server.
- Create technical specifications, use cases, tests, software, documentation, release candidates and roll recipes as needed by the project.
- Comfortable working in 2 week project sprints with continuous delivery of working software.
- Provide expert advice and peer support in one of the following specialist domains: web networking at scale, RESTful service design, JVM technology, high performance transactional application design, HTML5 and web standards, native mobile application development, dynamic language and framework technology, Java language and framework technology.
Job Specifications and Competencies:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- General web-related technology awareness of HTML, XML, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- May have experience with C++, Objective C, Python, or Flash/ActionScript.
- May have experience with Apache, Squid, HAProxy, or Akamai.
- May have experience with Amazon EC2, SimpleDB, or S3.
- May have experience with Linux systems administration.
- May have familiarity with online advertising, marketing and branding
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.