Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Technology - Detroit (HQ)
The Senior Software Engineer plays a leadership role in all aspects of HelloWorld software projects. They contribute to business requirements gathering, uses case development, technical specification analysis, system design and software architecture. They are responsible for writing code, testing, deploying and providing support for large development projects. Senior Software Engineers interact directly with internal and external clients to help brainstorm and create technical solutions to business problems. They lead small technical teams throughout development, create system and unit tests, and bring significant technical depth and creativity to projects.
Description and Responsibilities
- Solve global HelloWorld problems through the careful application of technology and process. Write high quality, tested, high-capacity and maintainable software.
- Design modern, reliable and reusable systems.
- Decompose complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Train and mentor and provide leadership to members of the Software Engineering Team.
- Write technical specifications, runtime instructions, training materials and architecture documentation for HelloWorld systems.
- Help develop best practices and technology efficiencies.
- Design data models and write efficient queries.
- Streamline work flow.
- Collaborate in design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with all HelloWorld teams to arrive at sound technical solutions to business problems.
- Interact with internal and external clients to develop business and technical specification materials.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- Significant expertise and depth in a modern object-oriented or functional language (Java (preferred), PHP, Python, Perl, C, C++)
- Experience developing and debugging Node.js is a plus
- Proven ability to become expert at the technology, system, and environment of choice
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 8+ years of Technology Industry experience
- Expertise in system and data modeling using UCD and UML or equivalent
- Develop within an iterative Agile framework process
- Experience in automated software testing, real-time system integration, database programming, web programming and network programming
- Exceptional technical writing, communication and presentation skills
- Innovative and proven problem solving skills
- Comfort working in sprints
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.