Strategic Operations Manager
Strategy - Mountain View
The Strategic Operations Manager, reporting to the VP, Samsung Leadership, works on-site with Samsung, collaborating with the Samsung’s internal teams to provide strategic operational leadership by understanding their objectives, challenges, and product roadmap, while translating those themes into HelloWorld work streams and action plans. The Strategic Operations Manager will provide guidance and support to cross-functional HelloWorld and Samsung teams, proactively identifying challenges or clarifying opportunities.
Description and Responsibilities
- Active engagement in on-site Samsung meetings for on-platform initiatives for Services (Bixby, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay, Samsung Internet and Samsung Connect) and translate meeting outcomes into actionable items/work streams for HelloWorld and Samsung stakeholders.
- Ensure both Samsung and HW stakeholders have the necessary information to scope and complete deliverables, on schedule and on budget, including Samsung program goals, product knowledge, best practices and content.
- Serve as a conduit of information relating to Samsung expectations by establishing and providing a regular reporting cadence to HW and Samsung teams (HW account management, strategy, creative, delivery; Samsung Research America, Samsung Services Stakeholders, etc.)
- Understand Samsung’s goals, key performance indicators, priorities, and limitations to support roadmap creation and implementation in tandem with Samsung and HW stakeholders.
- Own the overall Samsung Services on-platform communication calendar and publish to teams
- Lead brief development in partnership with Samsung business owner and hand off to appropriate teams
- Document and gain alignment to process flow, guidelines, tech specs and timing
- Work with the HW Program Managers to maintain project plans through the program. Also responsible for communicating progress and milestone completion all the way through publishing.
- Work with Samsung Product Managers to document rollout process and updates templates and tools to facilitate turnkey executions.
- Identify and refine process with the HW and Samsung teams throughout projects, with a focus on decreasing manual involvement and improved coordination.
- Establish a feedback loop on analytics as new assets are published.
- Effectively navigate Samsung’s organizational structure and culture. Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with ability to pivot quickly.
- Ensure both HelloWorld and Samsung are working together optimally to foster growth of each other’s businesses.
- Monitor Samsung’s performance objectives for all their existing initiatives to ensure program goals and Samsung satisfaction are being met/exceeded.
- Maintain working knowledge of research products, industry trends and competitive set as they relate to the Samsung’s business.
- Focus on building strong, in-person Samsung relationships through on-site presence.
Job Specifications and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in marketing program/project management or technology, with an emphasis on web-based marketing programs. Strategy and operations experience highly preferred.
- Proven Samsung facing and/or Samsung management experience required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and planning skills. Able to translate technical requirements to marketing and non-technical partners.
- Ability to understand big picture yet deduce down to actionable work streams.
- Organized, extremely detail oriented and able to balance multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, resilient partnerships with Samsung.
- Experience managing project or development teams and leading creative direction.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.