United Way Day of Caring
Last Friday, some of our Seattle team members spent six hours volunteering at a local YWCA Service Center. Participants included Mike Barden, Hanna Friedman, Mike Price, Tom Fuchs, Michael Palmer, Lya Ran, Erica LeFevers, Shana Bourne and Chris Bennett.
We helped clean out and reorganize their basement storage areas where people in need can get baby supplies and diapers, household items, school supplies, blankets and bedding, and more. We also helped put together binders and supporting materials for their financial literacy workshops.
The YWCA’s high-level mission revolves around “Eliminating Racism, Empowering Women”, and they do so many good things here in our local community. The programs offered in this YWCA location include:
- Emergency Shelter - For at least 10,000 people in King and Snohomish Counties, YWCA is one of the largest providers of emergency shelter for homeless women and families in our region.
- Transitional Housing - Serves families that have become homeless and need to rebuild their lives.
- Homeless Intervention Project - Helps homeless people obtain full time permanent employment, along with stable, affordable housing and self-sufficiency.
- YWCA Career Center - Search for job listings, conduct a phone interview, work on resume or brush up on your computer skills.
- Economic Resilience Program - Supports women and families in maintaining economic security and self-sufficiency through education, financial assistance and various skills-building
- Employment and Housing Stability Program (EHSP) - Assists in case management, support services and assistance with job search, housing search and 12 months of job retention.
- Domestic Violence Services - Provides survivors and victims of domestic violence with comprehensive services.
- Children's Domestic Violence Program - Works with children and non abusive parents to minimize the effects of domestic violence.
Always proud to partner with The United Way!