Last week, we showcased ideas to utilize hashtags for the holiday season; this week is about creating an experience beyond the sale on one specific day: Black Friday.
Seven ideas to increase engagement for Black Friday
Did You Know?
Over 67.5 billion dollars were spent in-store on Black Friday last year and another almost three billion was spent online*.
With every brand working to grab those dollars and break through the onslaught of marketing messages, arm your consumer with additional incentive to choose you!
Black Friday Thought-Starters
- Create Your Own Black Friday: Buck tradition and create your own holiday! Run a chance-to-win promotion now to gather your VIP list of shoppers. On a day of your choosing, delight this exclusive group with access to limited products, special deals, or even a gift with purchase.
- Streak Couponing™ - Progressive Offers for VIPs: Why give everyone the same discount? Instead, give a smaller offer to the general public and reward your very best customers with more. Our new Streak Couponing™ solution is an innovative way to keep a consumer relationship active, allowing brands to reward consumers with a set of offers (discounts, BOGO deals, or loyalty points) that increase in value as previous offers are redeemed. Learn more.
- Snapchat Filter: Join the social media phenomenon! Create downloadable image filters that consumers can use in snaps to be advocates for your brand. To download your brand’s snap filter, consumers opt-in for future communications and get a chance to win.
- Days of Giving Sweepstakes: Everyone loves receiving gifts, so why not give away prizes on a daily basis? Launch a Days of Giving sweepstakes where consumers return each day leading up to Black Friday for a chance to win something new. Revealing a different prize each day drives participation, excitement, and multiple visits.
- Hashtag Photo Contest: Recipes made with love, a perfectly set table, the giant mess in the kitchen, or Grandpa sneaking an early taste of dessert. Ask consumers to use your hashtag to post their Thanksgiving memories on Instagram or Twitter for a chance to win. You could also offer a photo contest for all uploaded and hashtagged pictures.
- Single VIP Offer: Drive excitement by offering an exclusive offer to a VIP group. Run a promotion now to enroll consumers for this offer where they’ll opt-in to receive future marketing communications and, as a result, receive a time-based, single, VIP offer.
- Twitter Sweepstakes with Threshold Prizing: Give consumers a reason to tweet about your brand! Each time a consumer tweets about your brand, they receive an entry into the sweepstakes. As participation levels rise, the sweepstakes prize grows.
Black Friday will be here before we know it. There’s still time to activate. Let’s chat.
*Statistic Brain, Black Friday Consumer Spending Statistics, 2016 (cited in comScore Inc, National Retail Federation, Quantcast.com)